JDayMinis, 1:48 & 1:12 Scale Minis, Laser Cut Designs too.

Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Free Printable Needlework Catalog cover and Valentine Pillow Case Ideas

Since Valentines is just around the corner I thought you might like the pillow case ideas for miniature pillow cases or other designs. You could use them as a tiny pattern in a sewing basket. I thought the catalog cover would look nice in a sewing basket as a catalog too. I always loved making tiny books and magazines from ads. This ad was from a 1927 February needlework magazine. The little girls could be used on the front of a miniature pattern. I just found this link to a great blog with more photos you might enjoy looking at from a different 1927 catalog, sure gives you a great idea of what was fashionable at that time.http://apronhistory.blogspot.ca/2012/03/herrschners-1927-8-catalog.html

4 comments:

  1. Hi, thank you for following my blog Jean. I am so glad you visited. I will be enjoying your blog now that I have found you. Mini Hugs, LJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jean! I must tell you, that when I was about 16/17 years old, I embroidered my first and only pair of pillowcases with a very similar pattern to the one you are showing. It took me months to finish them and they were pretty awful but I was proud of them, and I used them on my RL bunk bed. And although I know that embroidery is not my forte', I still have very fond memories of having tackled it, so THANK YOU for this tiny trip down embroidery lane. :D

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Lady Jane, it is so lovely to see you hear too. Mini Hugs, Jean

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Elizabeth,
    Thank you so much for sharing that with me! How wonderful, you must have felt very pleased using them. Everything you do is so beautiful, I bet they were so lovely. I remember doing a lot of stitchery and needlepoint when I was young but so much of it was never finished. That is so great you finished yours!! Memories are the best. Hugs, Jean

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much, so nice of you to take the time to leave a comment and to visit my blog!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails